Malta International Photo Award Ltd operates the Malta International Photo Award website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Malta International Photo (MIPA) Award website.
Personal Data Collection
The only personal data MIPA currently collects through its websites is the information you voluntarily give us when you use our sites.
For example, you may use this site to contact MIPA with questions and comments. When you fill out a form on our websites, you may provide your name and other contact information, including your company’s name, your e-mail address, and your mailing address or the mailing address of your company or other personal information.
All data collected will be processed in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (EU) and the Data Protection Act (440).
Personal Data Use
MIPA uses the personal data information you provide to answer the query you will have posted through the site. MIPA and our affiliates also use this information to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services. MIPA and our affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about products or services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications.
Similarly, we may provide “subscription” e-mail services, either directly or through affiliates, which enable you to receive current news about the Malta International Photo Award and its business. For all such services, we will provide an opportunity to “opt-out” of, or cancel, the subscription.
Requirements and Criteria for Processing
The Malta International Photo Award ensures that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice;
- personal data is only collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes;
- personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which the information is collected;
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant in relation to the purposes of the processing;
- no more personal data is processed than is necessary having regard to the purposes of the processing;
- personal data that is processed is correct and up to date as provided;
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase data to the extent that such data is incomplete or incorrect, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed;
- personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed. Personal data may be processed only if:
- the data subject has unambiguously given his consent; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract; or
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Malta International Photo Award is subject; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of the Malta International Photo Award or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and in particular the right to privacy.
In addition to the information you provide when you use our websites, MIPA uses technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, we use technology to track how many visitors access our website, the date and time of their visit, the length of their stay, and which pages they view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use and the address from which they accessed our sites (for example, if they connected to the MIPA website by clicking on one of our banner ads).
This technology does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our sites. MIPA and our affiliates use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to improve the content and functionality of our websites, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
Rectification and Deletion
MIPA shall at the request of the data subject immediately rectify, block or erase such personal data that has not been processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act or with regulations made thereunder.
The Malta International Photo Award shall notify any third party to whom the data has been disclosed about the measures undertaken as aforesaid.
No such notification needs be provided if it is shown to be impossible or will involve a disproportionate effort.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer's hard drive.
Our website uses such “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may cooperate with third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are strictly obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use all commercially acceptable means of protecting it. Still no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage can be considered as 100% secure and reliable. Thus we do not and cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Malta International Photo Award is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to its websites and improving and adding to our existing products, services, and programs. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law, and the changing nature of technology, data practices exercised by the Malta International Photo Award will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, the Malta International Photo Award will post the changes on our websites to notify you of the changes. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
This page has been updated as of 4th November 2019.